Job title: Guinness Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment
Job description: Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Mechanical Technician
Job ID: JR1066913
Job Location: Benin, Edo
Job type: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The Mechanical Technicians is responsible for operating, cleaning and maintaining their plant and equipment to meet the increasing volume and quality demands in a reliable and cost efficient manner
. * They are also responsible for participating in all PPMS/EISC improvement initiatives in their department and for their own training and development. They will report directly to the Site Electrical Services Manager.
- To maintain (inspect and adjust) and repair line equipment proactively as per maintenance targets in order to continually improve line efficiency, to optimize equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- To apply technical, process, continuous improvement and individual/team development skills to optimise overall brewery improvement and plant performance.
- Provide a comprehensive production service on plant and equipment to which they are primarily allocated: operating and cleaning, carrying out maintenance schedules, responding to breakdowns, assessing & monitoring plant performance on an ongoing basis and attending to all other process duties in a timely manner
- Focus on Planned and Corrective maintenance. Deliver the best possible plant operation by maximising plant availability and efficiency of operation through execution of Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules.
- Lead spares required by their plant and equipment – includes draw down stock from locally provided “bins” and be accountable for whatever stock is drawn down.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to detail, delivering RFT on quality and control parameters. Respond to non-conformances in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learning’s to prevent re-occurrence
- Share and apply new skills as acquired, participate in departmental Continuous Improvement initiatives and PPMS/EISC to meet/exceed improvement targets. Consider general opportunities to improve work areas.
- Compile and communicate whatever reports are required – either original reports or those generated automatically. This includes status sheets, check sheets, condition supervising sheets, etc.
- OND / Trade Test Certification or any nationally recognised technical qualification in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience/competence in High Voltage operations, Generator maintenance, motor controls and lightening maintenance. Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment especially in power generating environment
- Validated skills and experience in Pump and valve maintenance, Bottling principles and processes and ability to read and interpret P& ID, mechanical drawings
- Demonstrate detailed understanding of Permit to Work system and GNPLC SHE policies, statutory requirements and responsibilities.
- High level of energy and commitment to team based achievement and high interpersonal effectiveness to develop & sustain robust relationships.
- Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is in itself inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, gender, disability, religion or ethnicity.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Job Position: Consumer Planning Manager – Spirits & RTDs – Shopper Insights Pan
Job ID: JR1066760
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The Consumer Planning Manager Spirits must ensure that brand strategy & communication is founded upon a deep understanding of the consumer.
- The role drives world class understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and trends that can be used to grow our Mainstream and International Premium Spirit brands.
- The role is the custodian of consumer insights, and build an understanding of the consumer, which is based on opportunities and challenges, thorough & grounded, compelling / easy to understand, proactive & timely.
- The role is the custodian of Shopper insights, and build an increasingly important understanding of the shopper, as Off-trade contribution continues growing.
- The role delivers Measurement and Evaluation for key advertising and promotional projects
- Proactively defines & communicates market, categories, and brands opportunities for growth, and articulates what it will take to realize these opportunities
- Externally attentive -to culture, trade and consumer trends, and marketplace dynamics, to detect the factors that could positively or negatively impact growth.
- Support development & implementation of brand strategy and communication by facilitating a deep understanding of the consumer and shopper.
- Seeks out deep consumer insight and implications that will drive penetration growth
- Transform research outputs into simple, practical implications
- Fuels the business with consumer/ shopper led provocations and understanding to instigate change
- Synthesizes data and understanding from multiple sources -quantitative and qualitative and joins the dots in a relevant, practical way
- Ensure that consumer knowledge is clearly reported and interpreted within the framework of brand related issues
- Lead regular brand activity reviews, keeping the brand teams informed and updated
- Custodian of brand building thinking (DWBB/NGM) for Spirits and the shopper vertical
- Ensures learnings from measurement & evaluation are applied to increase productivity of our A&P spend
- Ruthlessly prioritizes and focuses on tasks that add maximum value to Diageo, stops or delegates everything else.
- University Degree in Marketing / Business or other related field preferred though not crucial. Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience either within an FMCG organisation with a planning, brand & consumer focus, or a related agency background
Location: Benin City, Edo State
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 22:46:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!